COVID 19 Policies
At Ironwood Family Practice, we want to keep you informed about our process and policies changes due to COVID 19
Throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic, Ironwood Family Practice has been dedicated to keeping its patients and staff healthy. To do this, we have implemented the following:
- Every patient 5 years and older must wear a mask while in the building. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth. All visitors and staff are also required to wear a mask.
- Every patient will be required to check-in for their appointment from the parking lot.
- All patients are asked a series of screening questions to ensure no one unnecessarily exposes others to COVID-19. If a patient is thought to have infectious symptoms that could be COVID-19, their appointment will be converted to a telemedicine appointment.
- Staff are screened for all COVID-19 symptoms and advised to stay home if they have symptoms until a COVID-19 test has been completed. If a staff member has COVID-19, they are required to complete their quarantine before returning to work.
- Ironwood Family Practice has implemented deep cleaning policies to ensure a safe and clean environment for each patient.
If you suspect that you or a loved one might have COVID, it’s best to get tested as early as possible.
If you would like an order sent to the Kootenai Health COVID testing site, please call to schedule an appointment with your provider to discuss the necessity of the order.
Over-the-counter rapid COVID tests are readily available in many pharmacies and/or mailed to your door. If you take a home test and your results are positive, please follow the current CDC guidelines for quarantine and isolation. For most people, COVID symptoms are mild and can be treated at home with rest, hydration, and over-the-counter fever reducing medications. If you are experiencing severe symptoms, have shortness of breath, a fever that does not decrease with over-the-counter medications, or any other concern, please call our office to schedule a telemedicine appointment with a provider.
COVID Vaccine Updates
Ironwood Family Practice currently offers the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. We do not carry the Pfizer, or the Johnson & Johnson, COVID-19 Vaccines.
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is recommended for all patients aged 18 years and older.
Vaccination schedule for the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine:
The Primary Series:
- 2-dose series separated by 28 days
- A series started with Moderna COVID-19 vaccine should be completed with this product.
Additional Primary Dose:
- Moderately and severely immunocompromised people: Administer an additional primary dose at least 28 days after the initial 2-dose primary series.
- Administer a booster dose at least 6 months after the last dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine primary series (i.e., the 2nd dose or additional primary dose for moderately or severely immunocompromised people). A Moderna booster dose is 0.25 mL.
AN APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE YOUR MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE. PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOUR VACCINE.
Your COVID-19 test is positive, now what?
For most people with COVID-19, symptoms are mild and can be treated at home with rest, hydration, and over-the-counter fever reducing medications such as Tylenol and Ibuprofen.
If you are experiencing difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, feeling “winded” with small activities, please contact our office to schedule a telemedicine visit with a provider.
If you have a fever that is not subsiding with over-the-counter fever reducing medications, please call our office to schedule a telemedicine appointment with a provider.
If you are gasping for air, experiencing chest pain, have new confusion, or an inability to walk or stay awake, you are pale, gray, or have blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, please seek emergency care right away by calling 911.
For the most up to date recommendations quarantine and Isolation guidelines, click here.